Lilysilk – Who Doesn’t Love Silk?

Hi everyone!

You may notice there’s a new blog template here. Still a work in progress, and these things all take time. But so far I’m really happy with it. More on that later!

Anyway, back to what I want to share with you today. This gorgeous silk shirt from a brand called Lilysilk. Hands up who loves silk? I have been a huge fan for many years. Right back into my late teens, I used to save all my hard earned cash and go and spend it in a shop in Petticoat Lane in London. There was a shop there called “Ozzies” and I’d love to know if any of you remember it or used to shop in petticoat lane. They sold dresses and blouses, I even bought a silk jumpsuit there one time. I really had a thing for silk and I still love it now.

I have long been admiring the Lilysilk brand on my Instagram. This super brand doesn’t only deal in clothing. There’s nightwear and bedding too. You can’t beat a good silk Pillowcase to help stop your hair frizzing. I learned this some time ago and wouldn’t be without mine.

When The Lillysilk company asked me to choose something to share with you all I was pondering for some time. And then I thought if you’re going to choose one item make it something that’s classic and not going to date. Something that would go with everything.

And so here it is the Relaxed fit collarless shirt

It feels like absolute luxury on and is as light as a feather. I love how fluid silk is. I chose this classic style because it will be wearable with so much.

• Relaxed with Jeans
  • Dressed up for evening with a skirt or trousers. Just add evening accessories
  • will look great under a skirt or trouser suit
  • Under a tunic style dress
  • Dressed casually like I am today with a skirt or trousers

The shirt does have a slim cuff, but I have decided to roll them for a more casual look. The skirt is old, I bought this in H&M when it was called Hennes. Do you remember that? Yes, that old!

It’s windy but at least it’s not raining. It’s absolutely chucking it down here in London as I write this! What I did want to mention also is that although lilysilk advise dry cleaning, this shirt can be hand washed or machine washed at 30 degrees. Bonus! That’s what I will be doing!

Lily silk also have a special offer code for 16% off when you enter vanityandmestyle And don’t forget to look at the silk pillowcases. They’re amazing!

XO Laurie

33 Comments

1. August 17, 2017 / 4:19 pm

Great look 🙂 I like silk for sheets etc but I’m not one for wearing it – maybe I should give it a go!
    Thanks for linking up to #AnythingGoes 🙂
    Debbie

2. ohlow86
    August 16, 2017 / 7:46 pm

I am wondering about the fit? I am quite broad in the shoulder and a bit plump! Has anyone ever used the custom tailoring option? I am based out of the U.S.

3. August 16, 2017 / 6:45 pm

What a great blouse, also love the skirt. Perfect for fall. It’s a struggle isn’t it to find the right theme and customize it, I’m working on mine too these days. Yours look great.

4. August 16, 2017 / 4:05 pm

Yes I love wearing silk too! This top, in particular, is so simple yet so classy!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

5. August 15, 2017 / 4:59 pm

Yes hand is up. I sleep on silk or satin pillowcases. I don’t remember Hennes. I should do though. Yes to Petticoat Lane more for the East end curries in Halal. Quite the greasy spoons. I worked near there and would pop down the market in lunch breaks sometimes. Good choice of shirt and 16% is worth a peek.

6. August 15, 2017 / 12:32 pm

Beautiful skirt! Love the print and color. It fits you perfectly too! Thanks for joining in on the Style File Link Up today!

-Karen

7. jodie filogomo
    August 14, 2017 / 7:18 pm

I like the silk blouses so much better, Laurie!! They hang so nicely and don’t seem to wrinkle as much!! And this one is the perfect piece for everything!!
    Thanks!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

8. August 13, 2017 / 7:15 pm

Great look Laurie, whoo I hit the homepage to check out your template. Great, we are twins 😉 love this one too 🙂 Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop.

• laurie
      August 14, 2017 / 7:21 am

Thank you, Claire. Lot’s of work to be done here! xx

9. August 13, 2017 / 4:21 am

You look lovely but for some reason I have never enjoyed wearing silk.

• laurie
      August 14, 2017 / 7:28 am

Thank you Elise. That’s a shame, I love how it feels. Especially the pillowcases xx

10. August 11, 2017 / 10:24 pm

I will definitely check Lillysilk out! I love that the white reads as white and not a creamy/off-white and also love the band collar. My hair is baby fine and if I wear it down, it tends to tangle from rubbing against collared shirts. You look great!

Elizabeth | http://nattygal.com

• laurie
      August 11, 2017 / 10:19 pm

Thank you! xx

11. August 11, 2017 / 6:47 pm

Loving that skirt!
    You make this fashion blogging malarky look so easy, yes I remember Hennes!!
    xx

• laurie
      August 11, 2017 / 10:17 pm

Easy?! Yeah right! I can’t tell you how good it is to have my friend return xx

12. Jacqui
    August 11, 2017 / 4:25 pm

Hi Laurie, lovely new blog look – hope you’re getting on with it okay.
    This silk blouse is super, I haven’t actually got anything silk in my wardrobe, but did have a silk blouse years ago that was turquoise blue with flowers on it. I wore it with my Sasperilla jeans!! Loved them

Have a super weekend and looking forward to the next 5Over50 Challenge.
    Jacqui

• laurie
      August 11, 2017 / 10:14 pm

Thank you Jacqui. I’m just getting used to being on WordPress, but I’m liking it very much. Oh and how I remember those sasperilla jeans! I loved them too! xx

13. August 11, 2017 / 10:50 am

So casually smart, Laurie, great styling. That shirt will go beautifully with just about everything.
    Love the skirt and yes, I remember Hennes (hers) and used to shop there often in Denmark. We’re talking about 40 years ago! It then merged and became Hennes & Mauritz, then the snappier H&M we know today. Thanks for taking me down memory lane!

• laurie
      August 11, 2017 / 10:11 pm

Thank you, Mary. I remember going over to Amsterdam and buying loads of carrier bags full of Hennes stuff for next to nothing. Those were the days- sigh x

14. August 11, 2017 / 10:44 am

Love your styling of this gorgeously versatile shirt, Laurie. And love the skirt. Yes, I remember Hennes (Swedish hers) from my Danish days, half my wardrobe used to come from there. It then merged and became Hennes & Mauritz and then the snappier H&M. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

15. August 11, 2017 / 5:12 am

Thanks for joining the Top of the World Style linkup party with your awesome outfit. This skirt is a great transition piece to fall. Great look!

• laurie
      August 11, 2017 / 10:09 pm

Thank you, Eda. Thanks for stopping by xx

16. August 10, 2017 / 7:21 pm

That is a lovely skirt and boots would look good with it too!

17. August 10, 2017 / 7:05 pm

I also haven’t worn silk for years. I think it’s because I’ve got those hot flashes all the time. That and silk is not a great combination. But you and silk are! It looks very elegant and the skirt is fabulous too!

18. August 10, 2017 / 6:30 pm

Wow you look gorgeous in this outfit! The silk shirt really is classy and I love the sound of the pillowcases.

Have a lovely evening.

Gemma

19. August 10, 2017 / 6:18 pm

Silk blouses are on my list for Fall blouses. I am lacking tops when I reviewed my closet, and I love your white blouse with the beautiful colors in your skirt. I wanted to tell you I love your blog look!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx

20. August 10, 2017 / 2:02 pm

It’s a gorgeous top, and a gorgeous outfit. You look beautiful!

21. Tina von Tinaspinkfriday
    August 10, 2017 / 5:21 am

Laurie you look amazing. I like good silk, but not every silk is good. Yours look great.

• laurie
      August 10, 2017 / 10:09 pm

Tina This silk is amazing. On the website, it tells all about the different grades. The shirt feels gorgeous on xx