Do you give yourself a quick facial every now and then? We all lead busy lives, and find it hard to get that me time don’t we?
I thought I would share with you what steps to take when you want to give yourself a DIY facial. One that will at least make your skin feel good, clean and hydrated in minimum time. You don’t have to use what I have listed here,this for me is what I prefer for me.Other brands may be better for you. I have worked with many famous brands in my working history, but for me, this is best. So here are my 5 easy steps.
1) Wrap your hair up in a towel or use a comfortable towelling hair band. You can get these in Tesco’s. Give your face a really good cleanse, take more time than usual, and really massage your face. Rinse and pat dry
2) Now exfoliate your face. If you are using Liz Earle hot cloth cleanse and polish, this isn’t enough, it needs to be more grainy. Liz Earle do make a really good exfoliator, I love the Estee Lauder one I’m using now but I know it’s been discontinued. So the next best thing I have found and recommend is the Clarins one. Do not get exfoliator in your eyes ,so avoid the eye area. Rinse off and pat dry.
3) Now use your mask, there are so many out there, I am aiming for Hydration, because I have an older skin. I think anyone over forty would benefit from a hydrating mask. (any skin queries drop me an email I would be glad to help) I am just trying out a new Estee Lauder mask called Revitalising Supreme ( claims to know what our skin is needing) you can get a free sample jar at the moment from your local Estee Lauder counter. Put your mask on with a make-up brush. I use a mask on my face, and the hydrating eye mask over my eye’s. The hydrating mask I also use sometimes from Home Bargains (bargain at £1) is very good to use too, and this covers eyes and face. Leave mask for 20 minuets and relax
4) Rinse the mask off your face and dry. Now pick yourself a serum. I like two types, No7 Protect and Perfect or Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. I know it Says night but I do use it for a facial, if it’s day time.There are so many serums you could use, depending on your own skin type. You can get them for pigmentation or pore minimisation or wrinkle protection. The best thing to do is go to your local department store and ask various counters DON’T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR A SAMPLE! I use the Estee Lauder eye repair serum too
5) After applying your serum, give yourself a good dollop of moisturiser, my favourite is Estee Lauder Day Wear or at night I’m using Estee Lauder Hydrationist which is great for night time. The day wear is self explanatory, I use this because it has the all important SPF it suit’s me and I love the smell. My face sucks this up like a sponge!. Massage a good amount in. The other option here is to give your face a good massage with one of the great facial oils that are on the market. My favourites are Clarins or Decleor and Marks and Spencer do a great one too
So that’s your quick mini facial done. It’s best to do this in the evening, so your skin stays clean (free of make-up) and your skin is doing all it’s hard work repairing at night. This facial will only take around forty minutes to do, and you will soon see the benefits. Let me know about your skin-care routine, I would love to receive comments