I love having a browse to see what new colours will be on trend for the new season collections.
These are the trend colours forecast from Pantone for Autumn/Winter 2016
Anything catching your eye ? Have you noticed these colours flooding into your stores? I am really drawn to the Grey (Sharkskin) and I love the mustard (Spicy Mustard) and stone (Warm Taupe) Colour. Let me give you some examples of these colours that are available in the shops now.
1) Riverside is the first colour in the grid and I would commonly call this colour Petrol Blue ! But hey, this shirt from Top Shop is just too gorgeous to argue !
2) Airy Blue- Very similar to Serenity Blue that was quoted for Spring/Summer 16 This is the go to blouse that will go with anything, even jeans from Eastex
3) Sharkskin – A form of dark grey or silvery tones. This is one of the easiest colours to pair with items in your wardrobe. A big trend for all our up and coming festivities when worn in the metallic version. I would wear this with a roll neck jumper too for not such a dressy affair. This pleated skirt is from Warehouse
4) Aurora Red – This is not a bright red tone, this is a warm, bordering on Rust tone. These trousers look easy to wear, and could transition from day to night . From JD Williams
5) Warm Taupe – Another colour that’s easy to add to your wardrobe. I would have to add some colourful accessories to this though. I also think this shirt dress from Oasis will look great open over trousers and T shirt.
Dusty Cedar – A more rose toned pink. I really had a job finding something of Dusty Cedar description. This is as near as I could get, plus who doesn’t love a glamorous fur gilet in winter ?
I spotted this on sale at Winsmoor at a bargain price so be quick.
Lush Meadow – A rich elegant jewel-toned green shown here in the ever popular easy to wear jumpsuit From JD Williams
Spicy Mustard – A spicy Yellow, bordering into Tan. I found this transitional dress at Marks and Spencer This will look great alongside your browns that you have in your wardrobe. Picture this with tan accessories and sandals now, or a long sleeved T Knitted tights and boots for winter.
Potters Clay- A Rusty Brown shade. The shops are flooded with Brown shades, and this is a perfect update on your Biker Jacket. A perfect blending tonal colour to wear with nearly all the Pantone colours that are predicted for this year. This Biker Jacket is from River Island
Bodacious – Rich Purple . I found this colour so hard to find! But I do like the idea of the on trend “cold shoulder” top that everyone has embraced this past summer still in stores for winter. I don’t know if I fancy cold shoulders in minus temperatures though ! Jumper Karen Millen
So that’s our colour trend report. If I had to pick my favourites, they would have to be Riverside Sharkskin Warm Taupe Dusty Cedar and Potters Clay. Which one’s are your favourites ? I’d like you to let me know in the comments.